Monday, July 28, 2008

Post SI Reflections

Hi everyone,
It's hard to believe that the Summer Institute has come and gone! What an incredible, enriching, thought-provoking, friendship-forming and networking week it was!

As in the past two SI's, I came away from the Institute feeling that I had learned more than I had given. All of the sessions were (literally) both productive and powerful for me, but some highlights do stand out: the session on diversity, on online tutoring, the webcast, the tutor education session, the breakout on student leadership positions in the writing center, the discussion of assessment.

Hmmm. I seem to be on my way to listing all the plenaries and breakouts, don't I? I guess that's just the nature of the SI.

I want to thank everyone who made the SI so successful--and that is literally everyone, leaders and participants. What an honor and privilege it was to be part of this wonderful week!

Please do keep in touch, and as various leaders said in our closing lunch, if there's any way I can be helpful don't hesitate to write or call.

All best,
Lisa

PS Paula, I'm very impressed that you know how to post a photo. I still don't know how to do that (and, yes, I know it's supposed to be easy).

No comments: